Football playoffs are in full swing and Super Bowl is right around the corner. This means time to start planning what you will be bringing to the potluck! My favorite Baked Jalapeño Poppers are perfect for a Super Bowl potluck because they taste just as great at room temperature, so sitting on the buffet table won’t be an issue.
Baked Jalapeño Poppers
Serving Size: 2 pieces per person
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Approx. 25 minutes
10 Large Jalapeno
1 Block of Cream Cheese
1 Package of Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Slice each Jalapeño in half-length wise.
- Scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Arrange peppers on a foil lined baking sheet
- Fill each pepper with 1 spoon full of cream cheese. Use the back of the spoon to fill in the nooks and crannies.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the cheese filled pepper, cutting the excess bacon if needed,
- Place each wrapped pepper cheese side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip each pepper over.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until bacon is completely crispy.
- Serve immediately or cool and pack in Tupperware.
Continue to bake after flipping until the bacon is crisp. It may take an additional 10 minutes depending on your oven.