As I get older, I come to appreciate the versatility and deliciousness that brussel sprouts bring to the dinner table. This portion will serve 4 as a great side dish to baked chicken or grilled steaks. It would also be perfect to serve for lunch to a girlfriend stopping by for a mid-day playdate.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Serving Size: 4 as side dish, 2 as main course
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, halved
3 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- Wash and trim the brussel sprouts, then halve each sprout length wise.
- Dice the bacon and put into skillet over medium heat.
- Saute bacon until soft and fat has begun to accumulate in pan.
- Add the brussel sprouts and mix to coat with the bacon fat.
- Sauté both the sprouts and bacon until bacon is cooked through and crispy and the sprouts are soft.
- Once the sprouts are cooked through and browned, serve with a slotted spoon to ensure no drippings are transferred to plates.
- Add a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.