Having a new baby means visitors will stop by during the day and now that JR is 3 months old and I’m not a zombie anymore, I like to offer a little something to eat during lunchtime. I will try to put something together using up the things I have in my refrigerator and this is one of those recipes that you can probably find the ingredients in your home already. It’s perfect for a mommy and me play date with a big green salad or a great pre-dinner nosh at a casual dinner party.
Greek Inspired Chicken Flat Bread
Assembly time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 servings
2 Focaccia Flat Breads, warmed
4 T. Rep Pepper Rondele Cheese Spread
2 T. Crumbled Feta
1/2 Grilled Chicken Breast, diced
1/8 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Cucumber, sliced
- Warm the flat bread in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread half of the red pepper spread on each flat bread.
- Sprinkle on half of the feta cheese over both.
- Arrange the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle up to half of the onion on each and adjust to taste.
- Add approximately 5 slices of cucumber to each flat bread.
- Slice into 5 sections and enjoy!
Add any additional veggies, such as bell pepper or sautéed spinach. Eat as a quick lunch with a side salad or make enough to serve as an appetizer at your next get together. Substitute warmed pita breads.